- Maurice Carlos Ruffin on Ignatius J. Reilly, the final installment in the LEH’s 2016 Pulitzer Prize Centennial Campfire Initiative
- Adam Crepelle on the struggle for federal recognition of Louisiana’s Indian tribes
- Ava Leavell Haymon on Baton Rouge’s post-flooding recovery
- Brian Boyles on The National Audubon Society’s Paul J. Rainey Sanctuary in Vermilion Parish
- An oral history of 9/11 at Barksdale AFB in Bossier City, edited by Dr. Gary Joiner
We also have new columns by Richard Campanella, Alison Fensterstock, Ben Sandmel, and John Wirt; stories from West Monroe, Alexandria, and the banks of Bayou Teche; partner sections from the Historic New Orleans Collection, Louisiana State Museum, Ogden Museum of Southern Art, New Orleans Museum of Art, and Shreveport Regional Arts Council; plus our picks for the new year.