The summer 2018 issue of Louisiana Cultural Vistas releases June 1. Click here to purchase a copy.
Our cover story is written by Alecia P. Long about Huey Long, Louisiana’s iconic governor, and his struggle to control public narratives and the press.
This issue also includes:
- Writer Della Hasselle and associate professor Dr. Gary Lafleur explore the Caminada Headlands, the largest completed project in the Master Plan to restore Louisiana’s coast.
- A look back with S. Derby Gisclair to the traveling show of Hadacol, Dudley LeBlanc’s famous patent medicine.
- The Louisiana State Museum debuts its latest exhibit, Brave in the Attempt: Special Olympics in Louisiana, at the Louisiana Sports Hall of Fame & Northwest Louisiana History Museum in Natchitoches.
- Rediscovering poems by Pinkie Gordon Lane with Kelly A. Harris.
- Mary Rickard highlights the multicultural origins of Natchitoches meat pies.
- Columns by Richard Campanella, Alison Fensterstock, Rien Fertel, and Ben Sandmel.
- More stories by Sally Asher, Scott Sternberg, Sally O. Donlon, and Hali Dardar.
We also have partner sections from the Historic New Orleans Collection, Louisiana State Museum, Ogden Museum of Southern Art, New Orleans Museum of Art, and Shreveport Regional Arts Council; plus our picks for the summer season.