The spring 2018 issue of Louisiana Cultural Vistas releases March 1. Click here to purchase a copy.
Our cover story, written by Zella Palmer about the Louisiana Endowment for the Humanities 2018 Humanist of the Year, Leah Chase.
This issue also includes:
- Tori Bush and William Widmer take time with cattle farmer Earl Armstrong and document his fight to keep an important Mississippi River sediment diversion in lower Plaquemines Parish.
- An exerpt from LEH Book of the Year, “The Thibodaux Massacre: Racial Violence and the 1887 Sugar Cane Labor Strike.”
- The Historic New Orleans Collections offers a glimpse into the exhibition Storyville: Madams and Music.
- A look at George Herriman from Michael Tisserand’s “Krazy Kat,” an LEH Book of the Year award winner.
- Deborah Burst remembers Atchafalaya Basin photographer, Greg Guirard.
- Columns by Richard Campanella, Alison Fensterstock, Rien Fertel, and Ben Sandmel.
- More stories by Orissa Arend, Christiaan Mader, Nora McGunnigle and Morgan Randall.
We also have partner sections from the Historic New Orleans Collection, Louisiana State Museum, Ogden Museum of Southern Art, New Orleans Museum of Art, and Shreveport Regional Arts Council; plus our picks for the summer season.